Title text: I always figured the word 'blog' would sound *less* silly as the years went by.
Megan and Cueball are stargazing. In the first two panels Cueball references a scene in the movie The Lion King, where the protagonist, Simba, remembers how his father, Mufasa, explained the night sky by saying, 'The great kings of the past are up there'. The quote in last panel is derived from a scene near the climax of the movie, where the spirit of Mufasa appears to Simba in the clouds, and speaks to him.
Cory Doctorow is a famous blogger who features in several of Randall's comics. A tag cloud is a list keywords on the sidebar of a blog's layout that helps a reader find posts by hyperlinking to posts associated with that keyword or category. Tags are shown in an incrementally larger typeface if that tag describes more posts than other tags.
Megan interrupts Cueball saying that she can't decide if Cueball needs to "get out more or less." If she were to say "get out more" she would be implying that he needs to spend time away from the computer so he stops seeing links between the real world and Cory Doctorow. If she says "get out less" she implies that he might scare normal people if he were to do what he does in front of them.
In the title text, Randall mentions that he feels that the word blog, a portmanteau and an Elision of 'web log', sounds silly, and has not become any less silly over the years, despite entering common usage.
- [Cueball and Megan are lying on the ground stargazing]
- Cueball: Just look at those stars.
- Cueball: My father once told me that the great bloggers of the past are up there, watching over us.
- [Cueball sits up, and then stands up, stretching his arms in the air as if to encompass the whole night sky]
- Cueball: High above the blogosphere, a gap opens in the tag clouds. Cory Doctorow's voice booms forth...
- Megan: You need to get out either more or less. I can't decide.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!