Title text: I always figured the word 'blog' would sound *less* silly as the years went by.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Edit for content/grammar/spelling. The explanation itself fairly well encompasses the matters in the comic that may need explaining.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
Cory Doctorow is a famous blogger who features is several of Randall's comics. A tag cloud is a list of links on the sidebar of a blog's layout that helps a reader find posts by type. Tags are shown to be larger the more posts have that tag applied to them.
Megan interrupts Cueball saying that she can't decide if Cueball needs to "get out more or less." If she were to say "get out more" she would be implying that he needs to spend time away from the computer so he stops seeing links between the real world and Cory Doctorow. If she says "get out less" she implies that he might scare normal people if he were to do what he does in front of them.
In the title text, Randall mentions that he feels that the word blog, a portmanteau and an Elision of 'web log', sounds silly, and has not become any less silly over the years, despite entering common usage. This is a common theme in Randall's writings and comics. For example xkcd's blog is called "The blag of the webcomic", in mockery of the word blog.
- [Curbar and Megan are lying on the ground stargazing]
- Cueball: Just look at those stars.
- Cueball: My father once told me that the great bloggers of the past are up there, watching over us.
- [Cueball sits up, and then stands up, stretching his arms in the air as if to encompass the whole night sky]
- Cueball: High above the blogosphere, a gap opens in the tag clouds. Cory Doctorow's voice booms forth...
- Megan: You need to get out either more or less. I can't decide.