486: I am Not a Ninja
|I am Not a Ninja|
Title text: 'The sad thing is that I just wanted to talk about your poor smoke-bomb techniques.'
In a romantic relationship, some of the most horrifying words are arguably "We need to talk." They often stereotypically signal the beginning of a conversation that the speaker knows will cause the listener to become upset.
In this comic, Cueball is so horrified by hearing those words that he tries the ol' "ninja smoke vanish" technique, only to have it fail miserably when the pellet provides insufficient visual cover to perform the trick, yet still sets off the smoke detector and then he can't get the window open to either leave the scene or just clear the less than useful cloud. Megan simply facepalms and leaves.
The title text jokes that Megan simply wanted to talk to Cueball about his poor smoke-bomb techniques. Arguably, then, this instance was actually a qualified success in issue avoidance.
- [Cueball and Megan are in the same panel.]
- Megan: We need to talk.
- [Pans back to a panel with a window, which Cueball looks back at.]
- [Cueball throws grenade.]
- [Grenade fizzles, Cueball and Megan both look down at it.]
- Megan: [puts her hand to her face.]
- [Alarm above them starts beeping.]
- [Cueball and Megan look up.]
- BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-
- [Cueball and Megan look down at the grenade again.]
- [Cueball slowly walks away as the alarm continues to beep.]
- [Cueball opens the window.]
- Rattle rattle
- [Pans back to the full view, the alarm is still beeping and Cueball looks back at Megan, who is face-palming.]
- [Megan walks away, Cueball looks at window.]
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!