Title text: If you don't have an extension cord I can get that for you too. Because we're friends! Right?
Beret Guy observes a woodpecker. A woodpecker is a type of bird known for using its bill to bore holes into trees to get access to and eat the insects living inside. Megan notes that the bird hatched approximately a year ago. Beret Guy seems touched by this fact, and attempts to explain to the woodpecker that it is the woodpecker's birthday.
Beret Guy leaves a present by the foot of the tree where the woodpecker is nesting. The woodpecker opens the present which turns out to be a power drill, a mechanical tool that is used to bore holes into wood, much quicker than a bird normally could. Not that this would be of much use to the bird, as the bird has no electricity and so no means of powering the drill, let alone opposable thumbs with which to operate the drill. In spite of this, the woodpecker has not only unwrapped the present; it has apparently accepted it, and flies off with it.
The title text appears to be Beret Guy talking to the bird still, pointing out that he can get the bird an extension cord to operate the drill because, in his mind, they are friends. In actuality, the bird may or may not care about the drill or Beret Guy. An extension cord, also, would not do much good as the bird would still have no electricity, and if it did have a source of electricity and was able to use the drill, it wouldn't be able to fly further than the length of the extension cord, which isn't far for a bird. This is also a reference to 509: Induced Current
- [Megan and Beret Guy are standing on a deck.]
- Beret Guy: A Woodpecker!
- pop pop pop
- Megan: Yup.
- [Woodpecker knocking against a tree.]
- Megan: He hatched about this time last year.
- pop pop pop pop
- [Megan leave the frame, leaving Beret Guy on the deck alone.]
- Beret Guy: ...Woodpecker?
- Beret Guy...It's your Birthday!
- Beret Guy: Did you know?
- Beret Guy: Did nobody tell you?
- [Beret Guy leaves the frame, changes to the tree base.]
- [Beret Guy brings a gift and places it at the tree trunk.]
- [The woodpecker comes down and opens the gift.]
- [The woodpecker flies away holding onto the cord of a power drill.]
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!