Title text: I wanna hold your hand so I don't fall out of your gyrocopter.
Cueball is gathering a lot of different sorts of random things, including a parasol, a miniature Eiffel Tower, what appears to be a small round bomb with a short fuse and the bust of a mannequin. He adds these to an already immense pile of wired things including balloons and a cage with a bird.
While this happens Cueball narrates in short sentences. The first three are statements that at first seems similar to what you would find on a birthday or anniversary card from one person in a relationship to another, but in this case, all the statements ends up being negative, or at least neutral.
- Normal sentence: You are the light of my life.
- Cueballs sentence: You are not the light of my life.
- Normal sentence: Making you happy is my greatest dream.
- Cueballs sentence: Making you happy isn't my greatest dream.
- Normal sentence: Your smile is all I live for.
- Cueballs sentence: Your smile is not all I live for.
The negative continues in the fourth and fifth statement, but then it turns around and ends up kind of positive
- Negative fourth sentence: I've got my own stuff going on.
- Negative part of fifth sentence: But you're strange...
- Positive part of fifth sentence: ...and fascinating and I've never met anyone like you.
It turns out to be Megan he is talking about who is shown applying a hammer to the front of a large and strange vehicle while standing one of it's huge wheels. She seems to have build this giant super tank/machine from anything Cueball supplies her with. With several huge pigged wheels a mounted gun, satellite dish, a crane and smoke coming out of an exhaust pipe at the top, implying it is already running it seems quite a disturbing tank she is creating. But Cueball is very fascinated by her strangeness.
Cueball's final statement is also positive: I want to give you everything (hence the title), which could have been on a card as it is. But the reason is unusual (and written at the bottom right at the very end as his final statement). The reason he wishes to give her everything is because what she does is so strange and fascinating so he does this Just to see what you would do with it, referring to whatever it is Megan is building now (or later).
Some of the objects in the piles in the second panel can easily be determined, like the two balloons. But most others are more difficult to recognize. To the left there is what appears to be a cage with an animal inside, could be a bird. To the right there appears to be the hilt of a sword (maybe stuck in a stone, see 1521: Sword in the Stone). Finally the tall thin thing sticking out of the top left of the right pile could be the stuffed giraffe from 604: Qwertial Aphasia. There are other distinct things, like the tall "cylinder" and the three "cannonballs" in a pyramid pile to the left, and something with a peculiar shape between the "giraffe" and the sword hilt. But it seems impossible to determine what they are.
The title text similarly starts with the conventional Beatles love song "I Want to Hold Your Hand" but for an unconventional reason to not fall out of a gyrocopter. A gyrocopter is a flying machine that has a rotor like a helicopter, but the rotor is not powered by a motor. Rather, the motor of the gyrocopter drives a propeller that accelerates the machine forward, while the air rushing past the rotor drives the rotor like a helicopter during autorotation.
- [Above Cueball drawing there are two boxes with black frames in which Cueball is narrating. Cueball is walking right while carrying a huge bag, full to the brim, over his shoulder and he is also dragging a small wagon behind him. On top of the wagon are six visible items: The bust of a mannequin with a foot to stand on which stands on the next object, a square white box , a miniature Eiffel Tower is partly hidden behind the first two objects and the next, a deck umbrella which is leaning on the next item, a box wrapped like a present and on top of this box is what appears to be a small round bomb with a short fuse.]
- Cueball (narrating): You are not the light of my life.
- Cueball (narrating): Making you happy isn't my greatest dream.
- [The next two panels only shows silhouettes and are both zoomed far out making Cueball small (but the same size in both panels). Above the drawing there are three more boxes with black frames in which Cueball is continuing his narrating. In the middle of this panel sits the wagon with the items still in place and as visible as they can be in silhouette. The lever that Cueball held on to has been lifted up so it rests near the present. Cueball stands to the right of the wagon and lifts the the bag up on top of a large pile of items taking up the rest of the right part of this panel. Only a few items in this pile is visible as they stick out of the top. There is a stick with a head to the left of the middle, then several three things protruding from the middle and finally to the right what may appear as the hilt of a sword (like stuck in a stone). To the left of the wagon is a smaller pile with many other objects, but here some of them can be recognized. To the far left a the foot of the pile is what appears to be a cage which may contain an animal, could be a bird. Above the cage to the right is a tall structure, like a pipe, with a wider section at the top. The central part of the pile looks like the tip of a pyramid, and two helium balloons are tied to strings at this tip, so they float above the pile. At the base of the pyramid tip there is a ledge on which lies three round objects in their own 1, 2 pyramid shape. Below this ledge the pile falls straight down to a low layer going from there to just where the wagon stands.]
- Cueball (narrating): Your smile is not all I live for.
- Cueball (narrating): I've got my own stuff going on.
- Cueball (narrating): But you're strange and fascinating and I've never met anyone like you.
- [Above the silhouettes drawing there is one more boxes with black frame and there is another box in the bottom right corner covering over the black part of the image in which Cueball finishes his narrating. Cueball stands to the left leaning back and looking up at Megan and the giant vehicle/tank she is assembling. Megan is standing on the left most of the three visible huge pigged wheels (almost two times higher than Cueball). She seems to be hammering something on to the top of the front of the tank. She obviously used the items Cueball delivers to build some sort of super tank with huge wheels, a mounted gun (above her head), satellite dish at the rear and a crane in the middle. It appears to be running as there is smoke coming out of the top exhaust pipe of the tank and there is also a smaller pipe with a rounded top next to this high exhaust.]
- Cueball (narrating): I want to give you everything
- Cueball (narrating): Just to see what you would do with it.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!