Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Megan and Cueball find out that "this guy's mansion" has a rotating bed in the flashback in the last frame. So, they decide to build one and it appears to be going far too fast as both are holding on for dear life on each side of the bed.
The rotating bed is supposed to be a sexy device, but it appears from the comic that Cueball and Megan have made it rotate a little too fast to be appealing. However, the image text maybe makes us think otherwise.
- [Cueball clinging onto something while being dragged away by some unknown force.]
- Cueball: AAAAAAAAAA
- [Megan similarly clinging on.]
- Megan: AAAAAAAAAA
- [Overhead shot of both spinning around a plain white circle in a room with other accoutrements.]
- Both: AAAAAAAA
- Earlier that day...
- Cueball: Haha, check it out - This guy's mansion has an actual rotating bed.
- Megan: You know, I bet it wouldn't be too hard to build one of those...
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
The usefulness of rotation in romance has been mentioned before in 162: Angular Momentum. Perhaps the problem is that they are spinning the bed clockwise instead of counter-clockwise? Erenan (talk) 19:18, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
I think the difference lies in the commonly understood meaning of rotation as opposed to say spinning. Rotating can mean slow or fast, but spinning is usually faster. Is there a word that implies a gentleness to the rotation. They probably want a pivoting or turning bed. DruidDriver (talk) 01:00, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
Maybe Megan and Cueball would have been more turned on if they instead made a Turing bed.18.104.22.168 21:24, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
The explanation needs to be fixed. The phrase "The rotating bed is supposed to be a sexy device" implies that the device itself is sexy. 22.214.171.124 20:57, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
- It's not? Then why am I turned on so much? 126.96.36.199 23:26, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
- Because of your spinning bed fetish. 188.8.131.52 00:42, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
How would a Turning bed help at all with sex? Benjaminikuta (talk) 18:10, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
Before reading the explanation, I always thought that this was something about frictionless environments. Leafy Greens (talk) 00:47, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
What the heck does "requires expanding" mean? I'm removing this tag until it can be made more specific. Djbrasier (talk) 13:09, 27 May 2015 (UTC)