Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
The point is that “So it has come to this.” would be a serious statement in most circumstances. The line “it has come to this” is usually seen on the verge of the climactic confrontation between the villain and his arch rival, or when one character has to unleash their utmost ability etc. But Cueball is saying it about cat food, a relatively trivial problem.
The title-text says what to say if they respond.
- Megan: We ran out of cat food.
- Cueball: So
- Cueball: It has come to this.
- Protip: If you're not sure what to say, try "So it has come to this"--it creates instant dramatic tension and is a valid observation in literally any situation.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
"So, how do we split the bill?" "So, it has come to this."
"Hey, can you take out the trash?" "So, it has come to this."
"Will you marry me?" "So, it has come to this." Davidy22[talk] 13:17, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
This expression is featured in 225: Open Source
220.127.116.11 04:17, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
- Added to the trivia section, but I'm unclear about the copyright policy and if attribution to discussion comments is the norm. Could someone please clear this up? Thanks Z (talk) 02:41, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
- I think the user should see the link, so I did a small change. --Dgbrt (talk) 20:37, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
"So, it has come to this." "So, it has come to this." Yeah, it also works like this. 18.104.22.168 00:01, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
another universal, drama-creating answer: But will it be enough? 22.214.171.124 16:52, 27 January 2015 (UTC)
I changed what I deemed to be a very wrong explanation for the title text, and I think it was caused because the person did not see the single quotes in the center, closing the dialogue for Megan's reaction, and opening it up for Cueball. On the other hand, it seemed otherwise poorly put together. Feel free to tell me if someone wants to change how I did it, but I am quite confident that the other person had the wrong approach. Znayx (talk) 19:28, 20 March 2016 (UTC)