1034: Share Buttons
Title text: The only post to achieve perfect balance between the four was a hilarious joke about Mark Zuckerberg getting caught using a pseudonym to sneak past the TSA.
- The comedy article is shared most on Twitter because everyone on Twitter considers themselves some sort of 140-character comedian. (140 characters is the limit of a single tweet.)
- Conspiracy theory articles play well on Reddit, especially if they are against the Christian Right and for Wikipedia; as there is a loud and large atheist community there.
- Boycott Facebook articles (or other Facebook "is changing their terms of services to...") are very popular on Facebook, which is always obviously ironic. Also, this is the highest number of shares on Google plus, Google's fledgling social network. One of the punchlines, of course, is that Google Plus is struggling and not popular overall.
- And the last article gets very few shares, because few want to admit they are reading an article about a Realdoll. (Also referenced in in the title texts of Game AIs and Flying Cars.) It's a sex doll. The only sharers are from Google+. Could it be that the few people at Google+ easily can feel quite lonely there? Potentially Google+ users feel they can post anything there since "no one" will see it with such a low number of users.
Title text breakdown
- a hilarious joke – Twitter
- about Mark Zuckerberg – Facebook; he was a founder.
- using a pseudonym – Google+; there was a controversy about using real names.
- to sneak past the TSA – Reddit; a conspiracy theory.
- [A series of article titles with four share buttons underneath each: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and Google+]
- Breaking Into Stand-up Comedy
- FB: 3, Twitter: 1,781, Reddit: 2, G+: 0
- How the Christian Right Threatens Wikipedia
- FB: 1, Twitter: 0, Reddit: 2,241, G+: 3
- Boycott Facebook Today!
- FB: 248k, Twitter: 0, Reddit: 0, G+: 74
- DIY: Installing a Custom ROM on a Realdoll
- FB: 0, Twitter: 0, Reddit: 0, G+: 2
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!