1035: Cadbury Eggs
Title text: When they moved production from New Zealand to the UK and switched from the runny white centers to the thick, frosting-like filling, it got way harder to cook them scrambled.
Cadbury Eggs are a chocolate egg-shaped candy with a filling. They are supposed to replicate a regular egg with a hard exterior and soft interior. However, with Cadbury Eggs, you can eat the outside.
In this comic, Cueball is trying to say that sodas have way too much sugar to even be appealing as a beverage because they contain as much sugar as 2 or 3 Cadbury Eggs and one Cadbury Egg alone makes him feel sick.
However, Megan, of course, takes it the wrong way and indicates that this means that she can eat Cadbury Eggs year round and as many as she wants. Cadbury Eggs are usually consumed around Easter — which is usually anywhere from late March to late April.
The title text mentions the closure of the manufacture in New Zealand in 2009 and the change of consistance of the filling from runny to thick as a consequence. The joke here is the comparison to the real eggs, who can be cooked scrambled, the new thick filling is not enough liquid to be cooked in a pan as was the runny filling like the inside of an egg.
- [Two Cadbury eggs, one in the foil, the other out of the foil and broken open to reveal the gooey center.]
- A Cadbury egg has about 20g of sugar. (25, Outside the US) "One Cadbury Egg" is a nice unit of sugar content.
- [A can of soda with an equals sign and two eggs; a bottle of soda with an equals sign and three eggs.]
- One 12oz. can of soda has about two Cadbury eggs worth of sugar. One 20oz. bottle has three.
- [Two unwrapped Cadbury eggs, with an arrow indicating they should be placed in a glass of water.]
- One Cadbury egg is enough to make me feel kinda gross. Now when I see Coke or Snapple or Nestea or whatever, I imagine drinking a couple of dissolved Cadbury eggs.
- [Megan puts her hand to her chin in thought, Cueball has his arms out in exclamation.]
- Megan: Wow. Huh. So the takeaway is... I can eat Cadbury eggs by the handful all season and feel no worse about it than I do about soda?
- Cueball: That's not really—
- Megan: This is awesome!
- Cueball: *sigh*