1054: The Bacon
Title text: Normally pronounced 'THEH-buh-kon', I assume.
This comic plays off a typical American colloquialism in which "bring home the bacon" means working hard and bringing money home to your family to put food on the table.
- The proper name is dihydrocodeinone enol acetate.
- It is a semisynthetic opioid.
- The pronunciation is /ˈθiːbəkɒn/ (thee-buh-kon).
- White Hat: I'm out of work, but I'm not stressed about it because my wife is a pharmacist and she brings home thebacon.
- Caption: Only later did I learn that "thebacon" is the common name for Dihydrocodeine Enol Acetate, a synthetic opioid similar to Vicodin.