1088: Five Years
Title text: 'Well, no further questions. You're hired!' 'Oh, sorry! I'm no longer interested. There's a bunch of future I gotta go check out!'
This comic is a take on the common and cliched job interview question "Where do you see yourself in 5 years." The interviewer is attempting to see where the job seeker would like to take their career and also what their hopes and dreams are etc.
In the comic, instead of explaining where he would like to be in 5 years, Beret Guy appears to advance time 5 years while they are both still sitting in the same spot and exactly still.
The image text is a continuation of their conversation in which Beret Guy turns down the job because he wants to find out what happened the last 5 years while they were both sitting in that room.
- [Two characters sit across from each other at a desk. One has a beret and the other has a bun.]
- Bun: Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Beret: Oh man, I don't know! Let's find out!
- [The characters stare at one another.]
- [Cobwebs and hair grow; the desk and chairs fall into disrepair.]
- [Five years pass.]
- Beret: Hah—
- Beret: I thought so!
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!