Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Title text: Wikipedia path: Virus -> Immune system -> Innate immune system -> Parasites -> List of parasites of humans -> Naegleria fowleri -> Primary amoebic meningoencephalitis -> Deciding I DEFINITELY shouldn't connect an aquarium pump to my sinuses
Randall's Wikipedia path: Virus → Immune system → Innate immune system → Parasites → List of parasites of humans → Naegleria fowleri → Primary amoebic meningoencephalitis.
Naegleria fowleri is supposedly also known as the brain-eating amoeba. It is found in warm bodies of stagnant fresh water (like in an aquarium?) and causes the disease primary amoebic meningoencephalitis, a rare but highly lethal condition.
add a comment!
- A pie chart showing with the following categories and approximate areas of coverage (Starting from the top, clockwise):
- 52% - Shifting around in bed feeling my skin crawl
- 24% - Wiping various face holes
- 5% - Staring at a news site but not reading it
- 15% - Thinking about how cool it is that I'm partly made of an army of critters that patrol my body ruthlessly dispatching anything they find trying to prey on me..
- 4% - Pondering hooking an aquarium pump up to my sinuses
I expected the title-text's "Wikipedia path" to end with "Philosophy". 18.104.22.168 07:19, 7 January 2013 (UTC)
- My thoughts exactly! (Extended Mind--see title text.) Zelmo (talk) 15:45, 7 January 2013 (UTC)
Is "Wikipeida" a deliberate typo? Does it mean something different than "Wikipedia", or does
it just indicate that Randall is too sick to spell "Wikipedia" properly? 22.214.171.124 09:07, 7 January 2013 (UTC)
- I don't think it was, since it has been corrected. However, the picture in here has not updated... 126.96.36.199 16:32, 7 January 2013 (UTC)
I expected the FIRST comment will resolve the wikipedia entries ... well ok: Virus -> Immune system -> Innate immune system -> Parasites (actually redirect) -> List of parasites of humans -> Naegleria fowleri -> Primary amoebic meningoencephalitis -> Deciding I DEFINITELY shouldn't connect an aquarium pump to my sinuses -- Hkmaly (talk) 09:30, 7 January 2013 (UTC)
- This comic likely refers to the recent bout of flu making its way through most of the US, was on the news a couple days ago.--Relic (talk) 03:40, 9 January 2013 (UTC)