125: Marketing Interview
Title text: There are a lot of books on marketing out there. I wonder if you're safest just buying the most popular one.
In this comic Black Hat is trying to get a job running a marketing program. The person conducting the job interview says that although the interviewer has heard that Black Hat is the best in the business, his portfolio does not show that Black Hat has run any major marketing campaigns. Black Hat asks the interviewer where he heard that rumor and the interviewer begins to respond then realizes that Black Hat has used his marketing campaign tactics to get the interviewer to hear that Black Hat is the best in the business. The image text refers to the thought that maybe the best marketing book is the most popular because if the company that made the book had the best marketing tactics, perhaps that book will teach you the best marketing tactics.
- [Two people, Cueball sitting behind a executive desk and looking at some paper, and Black Hat.]
- Cueball: I've heard you're one of the best in marketing business, but I've got your portfolio here and looks like you've never run a major campaign. Why should I hire you to head our new initiative?
- Black Hat: If you don't mind asking, what gave you the idea I was one of the best in the business?
- Cueball: Hm? I don't remember. Just word of mouth or someth-- ...oh, you're good.
- Black Hat: Thank you. When can I start?
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!