Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
| || |
Revision as of 05:36, 21 February 2014
Title text: I sympathize with the TPP protagonist because I, too, have progressed through a surprising number of stages of life despite spending entire days stuck against simple obstacles.
|| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: extremely basic, just allows for understanding the concept.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
Cueball goes on a date with Megan, who is apparently being controlled via a livestream chat in a similar method to the Twitch Plays Pokemon stream.
|| This transcript is incomplete. Please help editing it! Thanks.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
PRAISE THE HELIX, ahh TPP is just so fun to watch 22.214.171.124 21:02, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
HAIL HELIX 126.96.36.199 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
Should this be put into the Pokémon category? The comic has nothing to do with Pokémon itself, but the subject matter does. Blitzer (talk) 07:37, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
Kill me for being a stupid nerd, but when I first read the title "First Date" I thought it was going to be a strip about the Unix Epoch. 188.8.131.52 10:30, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- I think that was a very cool deducton, Monica. 184.108.40.206 15:47, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thats nothing. Ive actually nerd sniped myself with an xkcd comic before. thinking that the one about DNE referred to the concept of an undefined value (ie 1/0) BruceJohnJennerLawso (talk) 19:00, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
This is the first strip for a while that I had no idea what was going on. Thanks, explainxkcd! BTW I do think the Pokémon category is probably relevant enough. Mark Hurd (talk) 11:02, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, ditto. Cheers for the explanation (not sure whether I'm happy or not that I'm so disassociated from apparently popular culture though). I actually thought "Twitch" was some sort of "random Twitter feed" thing, though, so (to some degree) I suppose I was also almost on the right track. 220.127.116.11 17:31, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hah, ditto. 18.104.22.168 05:44, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
Anyone else notice that between panels 2 and 3, Cueball drinks most of his wine? 22.214.171.124 17:51, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I was intrigued by that! At least, his glass gets emptier — it seems plausible that Megan might have drunk or spilled it too. 126.96.36.199 18:48, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
- Seems like the amount of wine in his glass is constantly decreasing from panel 1-4. Also, the helix will guide us! 188.8.131.52 12:48, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
- Praise the Helix! 184.108.40.206 16:21, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
I took my 4-year-old out to lunch at a restaurant last week. Randall, was that you, sitting at the next booth, taking notes? 220.127.116.11 18:42, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
- This guy says: It's been 1.5 years and now this is an old dead meme. 18.104.22.168 09:36, 5 October 2015 (UTC)
Should we add a table explaining each of the phrases that Megan speaks? 625571b7-aa66-4f98-ac5c-92464cfb4ed8 (talk) 01:24, 19 March 2017 (UTC)