1412: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Are there other references to earlier comics in the article titles than the one mentioned in the wiki links section?|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
This comic is a reference to the recently released Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. It is a list of Wikipedia article titles that are in the the same syllable-stress pattern as the first line of the theme song of the 1987 cartoon series.
The list is compiled in alphabetical order from top to bottom, without respect to the left or right column. Some of the items on this list (e.g. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective) are drawn as headlines in the same style as the logo from that series. These articles are not in alphabetical order with the surrounding small face text, but these headlines are in alphabetical order with the other headlines from top to bottom, without respect to the left or right column. Some of these phrases are not actually the titles of Wikipedia articles, but rather the full names given in articles' lead sentences. For instance, the article on Woodrow Wilson "Woody" Guthrie appears under the title Woody Guthrie.
The syllable-stress pattern of this line is long-short-long-short-long-short-long-short, known in poetry as trochaic tetrameter.
The title text suggests an album of songs (The Purple People Eater, the aforementioned Ninja Turtles theme, Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini and the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers theme), the title or primary refrain of which have a large number of verses in trochaic meter. Randall suggests that these refrains are so interchangeable that the lyrics of each could be sung to the melody of the song following it in the tracklist. Randall would title the album Linked List as each song would melodically reference the next song. The refrains of the songs, respectively are:
- "One-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater"
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
- "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"
- "Go go Power Rangers"
See also 1404: Quantum Vacuum Virtual Plasma - other comics dealing with Quantum vacuum plasma thrusters
Gloucester from "William Henry, Duke of Gloucester" is pronounced /ˈglɒstər/ (gloster).
There are 6 headlines and 9 other article links in each block next to a headline for a total of 60 wiki links:
- Randall mistyped the word "album" as "alubm" in the original title text but it was fixed later.
- He did not correct the word Quantum, which is mistyped Quantuum in the comic.
- WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE TITLES
- With the right syllable stress pattern
- to be sung to the tune of the original
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
- Biggest Loser: Second Chances
- Cayman Island blue iguana
- Central Texas pocket gopher
- Church of Jesus Christ Creator
- Climate change and meat production
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Daylight saving time in China
- Denver Airport People Mover
- Easter Island spiny lobster
- Edgar Allan Poe Museum
- Engine failure after take-off
- English as a second language
- Former Arctic Monkeys members
- Fowler's Modern English Usage
- Georgia Game and Fish Department
- Golden-mantled howler monkey
- Greater Cleveland Film Commission
- Hairy flower chafer beetle
- Asian Human Rights Commission
- San Diego City Council
- Harland David "Colonel" Sanders
- Human Tissue Resource Network
- Klondike-class destroyer tender
- Legal code of North Dakota
- Lesser knapweed flower weevil
- Lockheed Martin Atlas rocket
- Maple syrup urine syndrome
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
- Nablus mask-like facial syndrome
- Neo Geo Pocket Color
- New Year's Eve with Carson Daly
- Newton's second law of motion
- North Korean Workers Party
- Orange County Business Council
- Over/under cable coiling
- Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
- Places named for Adolf Hitler
- Proton-proton chain reaction
- Single payer health insurance
- Spotted giant flying squirrel
- Puerto Rican lizard-cuckoo
- Quantuum vacuum plasma thruster
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Russian Women's Fascist Movement
- Semi-active laser guidance
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
- Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon
- Trailing suction hopper dredger
- Vector graphics markup language
- Viti Levu giant pigeon
- Voting rights in Puerto Rico
- William Henry, Duke of Gloucester
- Windows Vista startup process
- Woodrow Wilson "Woody" Guthrie
- Yaba monkey tumor virus
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno
- Women science fiction authors
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!