142: Parody Week: Megatokyo
|Parody Week: Megatokyo|
Title text: I just want to give him a hug or something.
The parody is abruptly halted by the dawn of Cueball and Black Hat by realizing that Gallagher might be hurt. This is a reflection of the sometimes sentimental style of the strip. The title text accentuates this sentimentalism.
This is one of the few comics where Black Hat is not his usual classhole self.
This comic is a part of the Parody Week, just joking about other webcomics.
- Parody Week: Achewood
- Parody Week: Megatokyo
- Parody Week: TFD and Natalie Dee
- Parody Week: A Softer World
- Parody Week: Dinosaur Comics
- ["megaxkcd" in Japanese quote characters. An anime girl with pigtails, long rectangular earrings and a blank expression stands with her arms at her sides.]
- In today's megaxkcd, our protagonist comes to terms with his romantic love for a girl who is a video game console accessory.
- Cueball: Wait, I'm not sure we should parody megatokyo.
- Black Hat: Fred Gallagher does seem like he might take it kind of hard.
- Cueball: He really does.
- Black Hat: Poor guy. We should try to cheer him up.
- [Cueball and Black Hat stand in front of a profile shot of a house. On the left is a mailbox. Black Hat stands at street level, while Cueball is holding a cake on the top of a two-step staircase to the front door.]
- Black Hat: Fred? Fred, please come out. It's OK. Don't cry, Fred.
- Cueball: We... we baked you a cake.