142: Parody Week: Megatokyo
|Parody Week: Megatokyo|
Title text: I just want to give him a hug or something.
The parody is abruptly halted by the dawn of Cueball and Black Hat by realizing that Gallagher might be hurt. This is a reflection of the, sometimes sentimental, style of the strip. The title text accentuates this sentimentalism.
This comic is a part of the Parody Week, just joking about other webcomics.
- Parody Week: Achewood
- Parody Week: Megatokyo
- Parody Week: TFD and Natalie Dee
- Parody Week: A Softer World
- Parody Week: Dinosaur Comics
- ["megaxkcd" in Japanese quote characters. An anime girl with pigtails, long rectangular earrings and a blank expression stands with her arms at her sides.]
- In today's megaxkcd, our protagonist comes to terms with his romantic love for a girl who is a video game console accessory.
- Cueball: Wait, I'm not sure we should parody megatokyo.
- Black Hat: Fred Gallagher does seem like he might take it kind of hard.
- Cueball: He really does.
- Black Hat: Poor guy. We should try to cheer him up.
- [Cueball and Black Hat stand in front of a profile shot of a house. On the left is a mailbox. Black Hat stands at street level, while Cueball is holding a cake on the top of a two-step staircase to the front door.]
- Black Hat: Fred? Fred, please come out. It's OK. Don't cry, Fred.
- Cueball: We... we baked you a cake.