Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
George Clinton is an American musician most famous for his funk music and wild hair style, which we see depicted in the comic. The mathematic equations on the board are Laplace Transforms for functions, by the way.
- This is the eighteenth comic posted to livejournal. The previous was 18: Snapple. The next was 20: Ferret.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!
- Narrator: I once tried to start the urban legend that George Clinton has a B.A. in mathematics
- [George Clinton indicates equations on a blackboard]
- Narrator: ...but I wanted it to be true so badly that I started believing it myself.
Rikthoff (talk) Does anybody know what the correct date of issue of this comic is? Also, does anybody know why Randall loves George Clinton?
- Have you listened to George Clinton? It's seems reasonable to me that Randall should love him. Blaisepascal (talk) 03:54, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
While reading that I got curious: How is it possible to gain a B.A. in mathematics? I couldn't find any information about the U.S. bachelor system, but in Germany a bachelor's degree in any STEM field is considered a B.Sc. Elektrizikekswerk (talk) 12:08, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
Interestingly, a few years after this comic was made, George Clinton did record the track "Mathematics Of Love" (http://www.metrolyrics.com/mathematics-of-love-lyrics-george-clinton.html
11:57, 6 January 2015 (UTC) Kingofderby