1: Barrel - Part 1
|1: Barrel - Part 1|
Title text: Don't we all.
[Quote from Randall] "He's fairly upbeat about the situation!"
This comic is mocking the optimism of people in a satirical way. The boy in the barrel has nothing to eat, drink or no way of directing his travel. Yet he only wonders 'I wonder where i'll float next?' Randall also makes an oblique reference to how we often become optimistic even in our own hopeless lives.
This is the first in a five-part series of comics whose parts were randomly published during the first several dozen strips. The series features a character that is not consistent with what would quickly become the xkcd stick figure style. The character is in a barrel. The full series is:
- 1 North, 48 East from comic 1110 is a reference to this comic.
- Originally posted at Randall's livejournal site.
- View archive at: http://liveweb.archive.org/http://xkcd-drawings.livejournal.com/?skip=40
- This is the fifth comic posted on livejournal. The previous comic is 2. The next comic is 24
- [A boy sits in a barrel which is floating in an ocean.]
- Boy: i wonder where i'll float next?
- [The barrel drifts into the distance. Nothing else can be seen.]
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!