1: Barrel - Part 1
|1: Barrel - Part 1|
Title text: Don't we all.
"He's fairly upbeat about the situation!" – Randall
This comic is about the unlikely optimism of people. The boy in the barrel is completely lost, it would seem hopelessly alone, without any plan or control of the situation. Yet he is curious: 'I wonder where i'll float next?'
This is the first in a five-part series of comics whose parts were randomly published during the first few dozen strips. The series features a character that is not consistent with what would quickly become the xkcd stick figure style. The full series is:
- [A boy sits in a barrel which is floating in an ocean.]
- Boy: i wonder where i'll float next?
- [The barrel drifts into the distance. Nothing else can be seen.]
- 1 North, 48 East from comic 1110 is a reference to this comic.
- This was the fifth comic originally posted on livejournal. The previous comic was 2: Petit Trees (sketch). The next was 24: Godel, Escher, Kurt Halsey. View archive here.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!