200: Bill Nye
Title text: You could at least not wear the lab coat everywhere, dude.
Bill Nye is a scientist well known in the United States for his science-focused television show targeted to elementary school children (website). His abrupt dismissal of the mother in the comic is antithetical to his television persona, where he is consistently enthusiastic about science and keen to take any opportunity to teach the viewer.
Ice pops and cracks when dropped in a glass of water because of thermal expansion, where the much warmer water causes the ice to expand unevenly, cracking it.
The title text contains another joke. He eats a meal in public where he does not want to be recognized or harassed with questions, however, he wears a lab coat. Regardless of this being Bill Nye's iconic and recognizable appearance, wearing a lab coat in public will probably draw the gazes and curiosity of others no matter who is wearing it.
- [A restaurant. A mother and two children sit at one table; a man in a white lab coat sits in another.]
- THE TRIBULATIONS of BILL NYE
- Mother: Hey, kids, see how the ice cracks and pops in your water? I wonder what causes that...
- Mother: *AHEM* I said, I wonder what--
- Bill Nye: Know what? Maybe I just wanna enjoy my goddamn meal.