|| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: |
Please include the reason why this explanation is incomplete, like this:
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
is a scientist well known in the United States for his science-focused television show targeted to elementary school children (website
). His abrupt dismissal of the mother in the comic is antithetical to his television persona, where he is consistently enthusiastic about science and keen to take any opportunity to teach the viewer.
Ice pops and cracks when dropped in a glass of water because of thermal expansion, where the (relatively) hot water causes the ice to expand unevenly, cracking it.
The title text contains another joke. He eats a meal in public where he does not want to be recognized or harassed with questions, however, he wears a lab coat. Regardless of this being Bill Nye's iconic and recognizable appearance, wearing a lab coat in public will probably draw the gazes and curiosity of others no matter who is wearing it.
- [A restaurant. A mother and two children sit at one table; a man in a white lab coat sits in another.]
- THE TRIBULATIONS of BILL NYE
- Mother: Hey, kids, see how the ice cracks and pops in your water? I wonder what causes that...
- Mother: *AHEM* I said, I wonder what--
- Bill Nye: Know what? Maybe I just wanna enjoy my goddamn meal.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
Seems to be complete to me. David.windsor (talk) 20:47, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- Same for me, it's not incomplete any more unless someone does find new issues.--Dgbrt (talk) 21:08, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
- isn't "PS" a bit weird in a wiki?188.8.131.52 19:15, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
- Fixed. --Dgbrt (talk) 22:15, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
Is the mother Miss Lenhart? 0100011101100001011011010110010101011010011011110110111001100101 (talk page) 00:31, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- Nope, Randall would have mentioned her.--Dgbrt (talk) 21:01, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- Now she is Blondie. Miss Lenhart is a teacher, which is not give here, although she does teach her chilcren --Kynde (talk) 14:12, 10 September 2016 (UTC)
Bill Nye isn't a scientist. He's a mechanical engineer, comedian, and educator. Rhmcoff (talk) 23:07, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
Even Wikipedia agrees he is not a scientist, I would edit but at work and forgot login may check this more when I get home.184.108.40.206 12:43, 3 July 2017 (UTC)