211: Hamster Ball Heist
|Hamster Ball Heist|
Title text: First person to bring me Wayne Coyne in a hamster ball gets a free t-shirt! He gets one too.
This is one of several xkcd comics to feature a hamster ball, with the others including 152: Hamster Ball, 413: New Pet, and 442: xkcd Loves the Discovery Channel. This comic particularly references Cueball's wish to own a hamster ball from 152: Hamster Ball, as the first panel illustrates Cueball saying "Let's go." In response to the suggestion, they steal the hamster ball from Coyne. This comic outlines an elaborate mission to acquire a human-sized hamster ball by infiltrating a music concert and kidnapping the rock star, who would be structurally powerless to fight back while trapped within a spherical object.
The title text is one of Randall's many open promises. It almost certainly has not been fulfilled, but people may have attempted to kidnap Coyne.
- Cueball: You know that giant hamster ball you've always wanted? I just found out that Wayne Coyne from the Flaming Lips crowd-surfs in one.
- Friend: Let's go.
- Some Weeks Later...
- [Wayne Coyne is, in fact, crowd-surfing in a giant hamster ball.]
- Cueball: Ready?
- Friends: Ready.
- Cueball: Now!
- [People on both sides shove the crowd out of the way, causing Coyne in his ball to fall to the ground.]
- Wayne Coyne: Hey!
- Cuebal: Okay, push!
- [Cueball and friends start pushing the ball away, as the crowd looks on.]
- Wayne Coyne: What's going on?
- [Some roll him up the ramp into the back of a semi, while others hold the crowd back and one stands by to drive.]
- Wayne Coyne: Help!
- [The truck drives off, leaving the audience in a cloud of dust.]