227: Color Codes
Title text: It's the TMBG Dial-a-Song line, to save you some time.
Resistors are an electronic component carrying color-coded bands indicating their value (measured in Ohms) and tolerance (e.g. 5%).
TMBG are "They Might Be Giants" popular beat combo responsible for toe-tapping chart-topping "Birdhouse In Your Soul". At one point, they recorded individual songs on an answering machine, and advertised the phone number so people could call and listen to the song on the machine. Hence, Dial-A-Song.
- [Cueball talks to a friend at a desk littered with objects.]
- Cueball: Hey, what's your cell number?
- Friend: (Violet Brown Gray) - Uh, I mean, (718)-387-6962.
- Cueball: Okay, you are putting down those resistors and going outside for a while.
- Friend: That's probably a good idea.