This is the fourth in a five-part series of comics whose parts were randomly published during the first several dozen strips. The series features a character that is not consistent with what would quickly become the xkcd stick figure style. The character is in a barrel. The full series is:
- [The barrel is shown, floating sideways in a choppy sea. The boy can not be seen]
- This is the twenty-sixth comic posted to livejournal. The previous was 37: Hyphen. The next was 26: Fourier
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
The title text suggests that something bad has happened, not simply that he is swimming elsewhere or that Randall is disappointed the boy is no longer floating in the barrel. Grahame (talk) 05:30, 18 October 2013 (UTC)Grahame
- Fixed. 184.108.40.206 02:54, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
- The title text suggests unhappiness at the knowledge that the boy is apparently no longer inside the barrel that has been preserving his life so far. We can speculate that something bad has happened, but a sad smiley does not do that for us. 220.127.116.11 01:12, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- Agreed - the sadness could be that the boy has embarked on a new stage of his adventure, and we're not able to follow it.18.104.22.168 10:28, 5 January 2018 (UTC)