Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
This gives a happy ending to the Barrel series. The flying ferret is from 20: Ferret. The full series is:
- Original Randall comment: "The ferret got to fly, in the end!"
- This is the thirty-third comic posted to livejournal. The previous was 28: Elefino. The next was 32: Pillar
- [Boy floating on barrel in ocean]
- [Zoomed out view of boy floating on barrel in ocean]
- [Ferret with airplane wings and tail above the ocean]
- [The empty ocean]
- [Flying ferret carrying the boy to safety]
- [Ocean with ferret carrying boy in distance, sun on the horizon]
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!
this series feels like a homage to "The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupéry". the sketches have the same - quality ( for want of a better word)
Arjunsharma (talk) 07:52, 25 March 2013 (UTC)jun
- This was also my first thought today when I did look at this comic again. Maybe the Barrel is just the Meteor from "The Little Prince".--Dgbrt (talk) 21:50, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
I have to wonder if the flying ferret has anything to do with Richard Bach, a noted aviation author who published a series of flying books called "The Ferret Chronicles" in 2002-2003? --188.8.131.52 21:56, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
Should the last trivium be put in the explanation section? 0100011101100001011011010110010101011010011011110110111001100101 (talk page)
04:38, 3 July 2014 (UTC)