337: Post Office Showdown
|Post Office Showdown|
Title text: That track ('Battle Without Honor or Humanity') -- like 'Ride of the Valkyries' -- improves *any* activity.
Action movies, such as "Kill Bill" by Quentin Tarantino, often feature elaborate fight scenes in mundane environments. Cueball is imagining himself in such a situation, consistently with his attitude for flights of fancy.
The title text refers to two songs: "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" from the soundtrack of "Kill Bill", and "Ride of the Valkyries" by Richard Wagner, the latter being associated to fighting scenes because of a famous sequence in the movie "Apocalypse Now" by Francis Ford Coppola.
- I spend a lot of time mentally choreographing elaborate fight scenes with strangers around me.
- [Cueball is in a post office wearing earphones. There are several other people, including an old man with a crutch and an old woman with a long narrow box.]
- Cueball's thoughts: Okay - if that old man pulls a crossbow,
- Cueball's thoughts: I'll throw the postal scale at him and dive backward behind the stamps machine.
- Cueball's thoughts: But what if the lady by the door has a katana in that box?
- Cueball's thoughts: Better set my iPod to the "Kill Bill" fight theme, just in case.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!