Title text: But the past was much too cramped!
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: If there are several different deeper interpretations we need more than just one. But this also has to go into a trivia section as well.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
To understand this comic you have to do some back-and-forth reading. Cueball, in the last panel, is telling Megan in the first panel to come explore the future with him. Since the panels appear in chronological order, he is literally in the future. Megan replies that she can't, since she is not drawn in the last panel, a.k.a. the future. She is stuck, figuratively and literally.
The title text is another pun. Cueball says the past is too "cramped"; indeed, there are twice as many people in the first panel as there are in the last panel.
There are several different deeper interpretations of the comic, such as Cueball asking Megan to break up with Hairy. This would give Cueball's assertion that the past is too cramped another double meaning, that there was too much emotional turmoil and/or that Megan would supposedly be better off without Hairy.
- [The comic has three panels. In the first panel, Hairy and Megan are holding hands. There is a voice bubble originating from Cueball standing in the third panel.]
- Cueball: Come explore the future with me!
- [And Megan says something which goes to the third panel.]
- [The two voice bubbles cross in the middle of the second panel.]
- [The voice of Megan says…]
- Megan: I can't.