Title text: And she put sweet nothings in all my .conf files. It'll take me forever to get X working again.
The boot sector of a hard drive is where the information for operating systems is stored, which tells the computer what operating system to boot into. If it is overwritten, an operating system stored on the drive can't be booted into.
The .conf files of Linux are where all the settings for various applications are stored. Since all the configurations were replaced with sweet nothings, none of the programs work as they should.
- Text: We had a fight last night.
- [Cueball is sitting in a sofa, head in both hands, feeling upset.]
- Text: I guess she's still mad.
- [Megan is standing with arms crossed in front of her chest, with the same mood.]
- Text: I woke up to find she'd written a sappy love note
- [Cueball is standing in front of a computer, with a cup in his hand.]
- Text: to my boot sector.
- [The cup now lies on the floor, Cueball is looking at the computer with disbelief.]
- Computer: Operating system not found
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!