Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Original poem from "Scott"(Anonymous) on Livejournal page:
I had a little cactus and I treasured it with pride,
admiring its spines and dainty flowers.
Until the day - oh tragic day! - when it was RAMIFIED,
by a ram with strange psychokinetic powers.
Baaing deep, this shaman sheep came whiffling through the brambles.
It gazed upon my cactus and, with yellow flash and thudrous crash,
with dashing, brash, and rash panache,
it blew the plant to shambles.
I was, I confess, horrified - I sat and cried my eyes out!
Oh stupid sheep, satanic sheep, so wrong and rash and willful!
I nursed the cactus best I could, till finally it came about.
It grows apace now, once again, but all it blooms is steel wool!
Oh God I need sleep!
- Heading: Another from my high-school notebooks.
- [A sheep and a potted saguaro cactus linked by an arcing yellow electricity bolt, drawn on graph paper]
- Original Randall quote: "I'm still on vacation, sorry this is a bit late. I forgot what day it was. Anyway, I'll be back Monday, possibly with new drawings about cereal!"
- This is the thirty-seventh comic posted to livejournal. The previous was 41: Old Drawing. The next was 42: Geico
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
It's Mareep attacking Cacnea! --184.108.40.206 20:43, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
Do Cacti Dream of Electric Sheep? --220.127.116.11 01:29, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
My theory: the cactus was draw first. It is a much higher quality drawing than the sheep or electricity, so it was probably drawn separate. Later, he drew a sheep zapping it... doesn't explain much, but does agree with the theory that the sheep is zapping the cactus. Also, 18.104.22.168 21:09, 23 May 2015 (UTC)
I'm confused; did he erase the lines in the grid when he drew the lightning cloud? Otherwise, why wouldn't the grid lines show? 22.214.171.124 16:27, 21 July 2015 (UTC)
- He did color in. See the partial grid lone at bottom right. If you look very closely, you'll see mostly yellowish shade inside the cloud. Not sure what technique it is, but looks like white and yellow mixed together. 126.96.36.199 00:31, 17 October 2015 (UTC)
- Looks like the grid lines were covered by thin yellow drawn lines (there's a place on the upper left of the cactus where the drawn line doesn't align very well with the actual grid line). I think there are also thin drawn yellow lines in other directions (especially visible in the lower right part). 188.8.131.52 14:46, 17 September 2016 (UTC)
What if this is related to static electricity experiments of wool and,um, cactus 184.108.40.206 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
"Sind Schäfchens Locken schwarz und braun, dann liegt das am Elektrozaun." Translation: "When the sheep's wool is black and brown, it's because of the electric fence." ...but in German it rhymes. Fabian42 (talk) 08:19, 28 August 2017 (UTC)