Title text: And sometimes I use it to retaliate against the guy upstairs with the loud girlfriend and the elliptical dish.
Black Hat and Cueball are standing inside a room behind a window hearing an obnoxious car outside playing loud music with deep bass. Black Hat created a machine that is able to blow out the car's speakers (by playing the same soundwaves back at them, but with the phase slightly offset, the phase difference will set up a resonance in the car's speakers big enough for them to destroy themselves). In a stroke of evil, he then starts playing Shirley Ellis' The Name Game to show how annoying the man was acting. At the end Black Hat tops this by playing the song Macarena. According to a random blog, Macarena is the fifth most annoying song of all time.
The title text refers to a situation very similar to comic 316: Loud Sex, where an elliptical reflector is used to focus sound waves.
- [Black Hat and Cueball are standing in a room with one window. Black Hat is pushing a box with an elliptical dish on top towards the window.]
- THUMPA THUMPA
- Cueball: The bass from that car is driving me nuts.
- Black Hat: Me too. Give me a hand here.
- [The dish is aimed out the window; Black Hat plugs the device into the wall.]
- Cueball: I'm afraid to ask.
- Black Hat: The system detects bass rhythms and floods the target with a phase-shifted replica signal.
- Black Hat: The resonance should blow out their speakers.
- [The side of a building. The dish of the device is visible through a window, emitting sound waves.]
- THUMPA THUMPA
- [Back in the room.]
- Black Hat: Speakers down. Now flip that red switch.
- [Cueball does so with a "click."]
- [Back to the outside view, more sound waves.]
- SHIRLEY SHIRLEY BO BIRLEY BANANA FANNA FO FIRLEY
- Cueball: You're horrifying.
- Black Hat: Okay, now throw the switch labeled "Macarena".