Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
"The Game" is a virus-like mind game. The rules are as follows:
- Everybody in the world who knows about The Game is playing The Game. (Or: Everyone is playing The Game.)
- If you think of The Game, you lose The Game.
- If you lose The Game, you must make someone else lose The Game. (Often loudly announcing something like "I/You lost The Game", or "I lost".)
Once you stop thinking about The Game, you are back in, and can lose again. From the simple way the rules are set up, there seems to be no such thing as winning The Game, except possibly by totally forgetting about its existence.
Whether reading this comic causes you to win or to lose The Game, that is the question.
- You Just WON The Game.
- It's okay! You're free!
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
"The Game" is not actually a game* and therefore can have no winners or losers*.
- A game by definition is a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck
- If one does view "The Game" as an actually game, then it consists of one simply saying the words "The Game" out loud or via text. "The Game" also requires one to think of the words The Game before speaking them, thus making them the first "Losers" to participate in the game, and once the opposing team has lost (In this case the person who first thought of "The Game") Then the opposing team then by default is the winner, and is not subject to loosing as once there is a decided winner and looser, the game is over. So this means that the originator of "The Game" (a non-game) is the only looser, and everyone else to have participated is forever the winner, as no one can set up matches for a "The Game" competition, as they would also have to be thinking about "the game" meaning the lose as soon as it starts.
You're all free. --Para (talk) 21:57, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
sorry to inturupt para, but some games cannot be simply won
see xkcd comic #138
signd summer glau
126.96.36.199 13:52, 24 December 2015 (UTC)
- A game can have multiple losers, so your logic does not work. Based on the description, it seems like everyone is a loser. It is impossible to win. Flewk (talk) 00:30, 28 December 2015 (UTC)