3: Island (sketch)
Title text: Hello, island
The early comics sometimes do not present a particular point, but are just pictures drawn by Randall.
The title text words "Hello, island" could be a reference to the popular programming print statement "Hello, world". The first thing you learn in programming is to make a program that prints out this text.
- [A color sketch of an island.]
- This was the 3rd comic originally posted to LiveJournal.
- Original title: "Island"
- Original Randall quote: "I draw these a lot."
- This was one of the thirteen first comics posted to LiveJournal within 12 minutes on Friday September 30, 2005.
- This comic was posted on xkcd when the web site opened on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- It was posted along with all 41 comics posted before that on LiveJournal as well as a few others.
- The latter explaining why the numbers of these 41 LiveJournal comics ranges from 1-44.
- One of the original drawings drawn on checkered paper.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!