401: Large Hadron Collider
|Large Hadron Collider|
Title text: When charged particles of more than 5 TeV pass through a bubble chamber, they leave a trail of candy.
This comic shows its age. The Higgs Boson has been found... [even set to music]!
The search for the Higgs boson has been conducted at the Large Hadron Collider. The Higgs boson is thought to be what gives particles their mass. If its existence is confirmed, it would help validate several of the most important theories in physics.
The last panel may be a reference to the fact that streams of protons are sometimes used in the treatment of cancer.
- Text: The Large Hadron Collider, CERN...
- Megan: Okay, moment of truth. "click"
- Large Hadron Collider: "VVVVVRRMMMMM"
- Cueball: Do you see the Higgs Boson?
- Megan: Nope.
- Cueball: Huh.
- Megan: Well, then.
- Cueball: Until the theorists get back to us, wanna try hitting pigeons with the proton stream?
- Megan: Already on it. Cool! I just gave a helicopter cancer.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!