405: Journal 3
Title text: Oh, and, uh, if the Russian government asks, that submarine was always there.
In Journal 1, Black Hat explains to Cueball that a hobby of his is to pretend to write in a journal while on the subway, acting embarrassed if anyone sees. He then proceeds to silently scorn the person once they give him any kind of reassurance.
In Journal 2, however, the brunette (we'll call her Danish) sees through his ruse. She counteracts it by proving that she understands him, and attempts to resign him to the fact that he will never see her again, thus robbing him of the satisfaction of a proper social connection. She leaves, taking his hat in the process. Initially stunned, he has at last regained his hat, the trademark of his personality and attitude, leaving him with the upper hand.
The whole "Journal" story are:
- [Two women ice-skating outside]
- Ponytail: Wait up!
- Danish (wearing Black Hat's Hat): Skate faster!
- [Danish sees cracking ice]
- <<Crack>> <<Crack>>
- [Danish on chunk of ice broken off]
- <<Crack>> <<Rumble>>
- [Submarine dorsal fin emerging]
- [Black Hat (minus hat) coming out of hatch]
- Black Hat: Hi.
- Black Hat: That's my hat you're wearing.
- Danish (wearing Black Hat's Hat): So, you found me after all.
- Black Hat (out of frame): You didn't make it easy.
- Black Hat: You saw through me, all right. But not quite well enough.
- Black Hat: Because if you wanted to stay lost forever, you made one mistake
- [Black Hat climbing out of hatch]
- [Black Hat sliding down a sheet of ice]
- [Black Hat snatches hat from Danish's head as he slides by on the ice]
- [Black Hat skidding to a stop and putting hat back on his head]
- Black Hat: You took my hat.
- Black Hat: I LIKE my hat.
- [Black Hat walking away]
- [Danish left standing]