409: Electric Skateboard (Double Comic)
|Electric Skateboard (Double Comic)|
Title text: Unsafe vehicles, hills, and philosophy go hand in hand.
Randall has a special fascination with motorized skateboards. A longboard is a skateboard that is longer, and is used for downhill races, and skating through less urban areas (college campuses, for example).
Calvin and Hobbes was a comic strip drawn by Bill Watterson that ran for 10 years from November 1985 to December 1995. Calvin was a boy that could not stay out of trouble, and always had his trusty stuffed tiger Hobbes, who was also his best imaginary friend, by his side. Many times the two would pile into his red radio flyer wagon and have philosophical discussions as they were racing down picturesque hill scenes.
C is a high-level programming language. Assembly is a low-level programming language that is specific and custom to each computer processor architecture. Jokingly, it has been said that C "combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language."  Meaning that it is essentially, more complex, for exactly the same capability. Python, on the other hand, frees the programmer from having to worry about pointers, and memory allocation, and just lets the code flow through the programmer until they are one with the force, err... computer.
- [Cueball showing off electric skateboard to girl reading something]
- Cueball: Check it out! An electric longboard!
- Megan: Sweet!
- [Cueball riding longboard with Megan sitting onboard — people in background]
- Longboard: <<RRRR>>
- [Megan turned around on longboard]
- Megan: I feel like we're missing something...
- Cueball: Yeah...
- [Cueball throwing 3 green Koopa Troopa shells; Megan throwing 1 red Koopa Troopa shell -- like Mario Kart]
- <<Music Playing>>
- Longboard: <<RRRR>>
- [Cueball and Megan still on longboard, going up an incline]
- Cueball: Skating uphill like this is amazing. Years of gliding downhill and pushing uphill, and now suddenly it's gliding both ways.
- Longboard: <<RRRRRRR>>
- [Cueball and Megan after passing an S-curve and boulder]
- Cueball: It's like going from C to Python. You don't realize how much time you were spending on the boring parts until you don't have to do them anymore.
- Megan: But coding C or assembly makes you a better programmer. Maybe the boring parts build character.
- [Cueball and Megan on longboard...]
- Cueball: Yeah... but it depends how you want to spend your life. See, my philosophy is --
- [Longboard get into an accident]
- [Calvin and Hobbes laying down in the grass near the Cueball and Megan laying down on the grass -- Calvin and Hobbes's wagon is on the path, as is the longboard -- all characters seeing stars]
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!