419: Forks and Spoons
(start? sport? spark? stork? fork paper jesus lizard spock.)
Revision as of 18:11, 6 June 2013
|Forks and Spoons|
Title text: Their biggest mistake was bringing Rachael Ray and Emeril to tour the lab and sign off on the project. That's when Spielberg caught wind of it.
This comic begins like standard sci-fi fare, where amoral scientists request funding from mysterious benefactors. The dialogue of "You're toying with powerful forces here" and "We know what we're doing" is a classic trope, foreshadowing that things will soon go horribly wrong. It inevitably leads to the humorous incongruity of a sentient spork on a murderous rampage.
- Presenter: A spoon crossed with a fork is a spork.
- Off-panel presenter's voice: Our lab has successfully crossed a spork with a spoon. [Diagram showing the fractions of fork and spoon in each item.]
- [Chart showing possible combinations of spoons a forks.]
- Presenter, facing audience: With your funding, we could create hybrids in proportions corresponding to any binary fraction.
- [Fork-Spoon Spectrum]
- Audience member: You're toying with powerful forces here.
- Presenter: We know what we're doing.
- Two weeks later:
- Hop hop hop. [Picture of a destroyed lab with two dead bodies, blood everywhere and a spoon-fork hybrid hopping away.]