Revision as of 14:45, 13 June 2013
Title text: I guess if she accepted irrational realities, she'd hardly be my fantasy.
In this comic, Cueball is fantasizing about Megan. However, the imaginary versions of himself and Megan quickly realize how impossible their relationship would be (although the reasons are left unstated) and so they break the fourth wall. Rather than allow Cueball's idle daydream to end romantically, they run rampant and bring his fantasy crashing to a halt.
- [Cueball sits hugging his knees.]
- Cueball: If only there were some way we could be together.
- (He fades into a thought bubble containing the next four panels.)
- [Cueball and Megan are lounging on a bed.]
- Megan: We're so lucky to have each other. How did it happen, anyway?
- Cueball: I, uh... I don't remember.
- Megan: No, really, how did we get together? It's hard to imagine it happening.
- Cueball: It does strain the bounds of fantasy...
- Megan: ... Fantasy? That's it!
- Megan: My God, it's the only explanation: We're objects in some transient fantasy. We'll be gone when it ends!
- Cueball: We'll lose each other.
- Megan: Oh God.
- [Megan leaps from the bed with a flaming torch.]
- Megan: Well, I'm not going out quietly. I'm burning this fucking world.
- Cueball: Burn the world!
- Megan: Fire! Fire! Cleanse this hellish place --
- (The thought ends.)
- Cueball (scratching his head): ??
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!