433: Journal 5
Title text: 'Pick you up at eight?' 'Nine. I've got to re-mine the driveway.'
In Journal 1, Black Hat explains to Cueball that a hobby of his is to pretend to write in a journal while on the subway, acting embarrassed if anyone sees. He then proceeds to silently scorn the person once they give him any kind of reassurance.
In Journal 2, however, Danish sees through his ruse. She counteracts it by proving that she understands him, and attempts to resign him to the fact that he will never see her again, thus robbing him of the satisfaction of a proper social connection. She leaves, taking his hat in the process. Initially stunned, he at last regained his hat in Journal 3, the trademark of his personality and attitude, leaving him with the upper hand.
Now, Black Hat finds himself in love with Danish. He comes to her house, seeking a date, and hilarity ensues when they both attempt to prank each other. However, neither is deterred, and their relationship begins.
The whole "Journal" story arc:
- [Black Hat parks his car.]
- [Black Hat knocks at door.]
- Black Hat: Hi
- Danish: Hi
- Black Hat: I give up. You win. I have to know who you are.
- Black Hat: We understand each other. I can't let that slip away-
- beep [from device in Danish's hand.]
- Black Hat: What was that?!
- Danish: Remote mines under your car.
- Black Hat: Oh, those? I moved them to your garage before knocking.
- Danish: Touché.
- Black Hat: ...This relationship is going to be tricky.
- Danish: There's still time to leave and find a non-crazy girl.
- Black Hat: Not even slightly interested.