Title text: Electric skateboards, by cost, get the equivalent of about 300 miles per gallon. Lithium batteries just need to get cheaper.
There are many anecdotal instances of drivers of "green" vehicles both criticizing owners of less fuel-efficient vehicles (such as SUVs) and for taunting them about how much more they are paying for fuel. Randall is reversing this by taunting/criticizing the owner of a Prius hybrid vehicle as though their roles were reversed. The owner of the hybrid car is irritated and does not understand what is being said.
The title text, rather than being a joke or additional punchline, seems to be a serious opinion about how much more efficient electric vehicles are compared to gas-powered vehicles; they would be a far superior form of transportation if only they weren't so expensive. But an electric skateboard can only move a fraction of mass comparing to an SUV.
- My Hobby:
- Renting an SUV and confusing the hell out of hybrid owners
- [A Prius Driver is pumping gas into his car at a gas station. The prices can be seen in the background, and read:]
- M: $4.38
- P: $4.51
- D: $4.85
- [Cueball drives up alongside in an SUV and leans out the window.]
- Cueball: Check out those prices! Your Prius ain't looking so smart now, huh?
- Prius Driver: It's ... wait, what?
- Cueball: Maybe you'll go green next time, asshole!