Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
|| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: See Discussion.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
get back at someone who is tailgating them by toying with his psychology. Danish hacks into the laptop in the backseat of the other car. She then "takes a shot in the psychological dark" by guessing that he had some loss in his life. She claims it was his fault to throw him off guard.
The title text shows that they are attempting to get him to crash.
add a comment!
- [Black Hat is driving and Danish is in the passenger's seat. They are closely followed by some other vehicle.]
- Black Hat: That guy's tailgating me.
- Danish: I'll take a look.
- Danish: His laptop's running, probably in the back seat. And... yup, the WiFi autoconnects.
- Danish: Now we just scan for remote exploits... install speech synth...
- Danish: And take a shot in the psychological dark.
- Laptop: Hello.
- Cueball: What? Who's there?
- Laptop: She'd be alive if it weren't for you.
- Cueball: ...Oh God.
- Incomplete (as of August 26, 2013)
- At the title text Black Hat is avoiding a crash.
- While many explains are monster explains, here is the WIFI missing, this explain is just more a transcript.--Dgbrt (talk) 21:44, 26 August 2013 (UTC)
The idea is that the tailgater (I'll name him Phil for ease of understanding) will be distracted while he contemplates his loss, so when Black Hat slams on the brakes, Phil hopefully won't have enough stopping distance to avoid a collision, slamming into Black Hat's car. The accident is always caused by the car behind, meaning Phil will be at fault.Lyusternik
) 15:26, 2 December 2013 (UTC)