Title text: If you think this is too hard on literary criticism, read the Wikipedia article on deconstruction.
Klingon is a language from Star Trek. This is fairly self-explanatory.
Sociology has nothing to do with ranking people; it is the study of human society and social behaviors.
Literary criticism is almost entirely subjective, so many interpretations can be valid. There isn't just one "right" way to critique literature, so these students think Cueball has a valid point.
- My Hobby: Sitting down with grad students and timing how long it takes them to figure out that I'm not actually an expert in their field.
- Students: Our big problem is heat dissipation
- Cueball: Have you tried logarithms?
- 48 seconds
- Cueball: Ah, so does this Finno-ugric family include, say, Klingon?
- 63 Seconds
- Cueball: Yeah, my latest work is on ranking people from best to worst.
- 4 Minutes
- Literary Criticism:
- Cueball: You see, the deconstruction is inextricable from not only the text, but also the self.
- Eight papers and two books and they haven't caught on.
add a comment!