Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
|| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: |
Please include the reason why this explanation is incomplete, like this:
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
Kurt Halsey is a comic artist from Oregon. His style is similar to that in this comic. He was also referenced in 24: Godel, Escher, Kurt Halsey.
- I just want you to share in my secrets
- [lonely looking girl staring down]
- and not run away
- Original quote from Randall: "I'm a fan of [Kurt Halsey], if you hadn't noticed. Don't click that right now, because it's depressing how much better at this he is than me."
- This is the forty-third comic posted to livejournal. The previous comic was 45: Schrodinger, the next is 47: Counter-Red Spiders.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
I thought that, in addition to the obvious relationship context, there is a bit of self-reference word play: if the secrets are shared, they are no longer secrets; if the guy runs away (before she shares the secrets), they will remain secret. Mountain Hikes (talk) 04:30, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
- I hadn't thought of that, but it makes a lot of sense. Adds another layer to the comic for sure. 188.8.131.52 12:30, 17 October 2015 (UTC)
The Kurt Halsey page is apparently nonexistent. 184.108.40.206 05:11, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
- No, but it took two tries for me to load and even then the main content seems to be broken. There's also no web.archive.org archive. Fabian42 (talk) 14:03, 26 January 2018 (UTC)