471: Aversion Fads
Title text: Hey, are you friends with any hamsters? This kite needs a passenger.
Here, we see Cueball and his Cueball-like friend, who are grossed out that there is a furry (noted by the kid's fox ears and tail) near them. These people most likely have bought into the stereotype of furries, and as such, are showing their disgust towards what they perceive the fandom to (wrongly) be. Megan then calls for the furry to help her with her kite. The way this turns out, she also thinks that furries are "weird as hell", but she is also irritated by the fact that a lot of people on the Internet are involved with a lot of weird things that may gross out or otherwise offend the general population, yet the Internet in general frequently mocks furries for engaging in essentially the same things. This hypocrisy bothers her, so she takes whatever opportunity she has to defend furries, who are, after all, people of the Internet.
Hearing this, the furry brings up the fable of the lion and the mouse (from Aesop). This fable talks about a lion who spares a mouse from being eaten, since the mouse's promise that he would repay the lion gave the lion a good laugh. In the story, the lion later gets caught in a trap and the mouse chews through the cords, freeing the lion. The furry now has a debt to repay Megan, but before we can get to that Megan curtails the simile. She assumes that the furry will perceive the story to be about animal bondage relationships, and be aroused by such, although it should be noted that this will very likely NOT arouse the furry.
In the title text, Megan realizes that her kite needs a passenger. So, she asks the furry if he has any hamster friends. Being a furry, this could be either real hamsters (which could be tied to the kite), or people with hamster fursonas (who would probably be too large to be tied to the kite and remain buoyant). This may be a reference to 20: Ferret.
- [Two Cueball-like guys stand together as a young guy dressed up with small ears and a tail approaches.]
- Cueball: Oh God, a furry. Don't let it touch you.
- [The furry hears someone call out to him.]
- Off-screen: Hey, kid.
- [Megan is seen preparing a kite to be flown.]
- Megan: Forget those assholes. Come help me.
- [The furry begins to help Megan set up the kite.]
- Furry: Thanks. So you're cool with furries?
- [The two are now standing far appart the furry with the kite and the line going over to Megan.]
- Megan: Well, I think your fetish is weird as hell. It just bothers me how you're this designated Internet punching bag among people who are otherwise down with weird fetishes. So I stick up for you when I can.
- [The kite now successfully up in the air and Megan pulls the line with both hands moving backwards.]
- Furry: Well, thanks. I owe you one.
- Megan: It's no big deal.
- [Megan stops some distance from the fury holding the line with one hhand. The fury lift one hand up apologising.]
- Furry: No, this is like the lion and the mouse.
- Megan: ...Listen, can we pick a comparison less likely to turn you on?
- Furry: Sorry.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!