explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Randall is writing a letter to his grandmother on a typewriter, thanking her for taking them on a trip. He discovers his habit of checking news sites in new tabs every few seconds when he repeatedly types Web addresses in the note.
- [A typewriter is shown with the following letter in it:
- Dear Grandmom, cnn.com
- I hope this reddit.com letter
- finds you well. I wanted to say I
- really news.google.com enjoyed the
- trip you boingboing.net took us on,
- and am looking forward to bbc.co.uk
- visiting later fivethirtyeight.com
- this year.
- Love, slashdot.org
- Your grandson,]
- I didn't realize how bad my habit of tabbing to Firefox every few seconds to check news sites had gotten until I tried writing on a typewriter.