478: The Staple Madness
|The Staple Madness|
Title text: Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that 'kaCHUNK' noise.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Explanation reads like a second transcript|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
No apparent literary or scientific references, just a comic sketch.
Optimistic Beret can never take life seriously. He loves to play with everything, and nothing is more exciting than a tool that sticks things together with an impressive "kaChunk!" when you pull the trigger.
Unfortunately, Beret optimist gets addicted to the staple gun and attempts to use his new toy on everything in sight, even things that shouldn't be stapled. In the course of Beret's staple rampage, Cueball evidently gets stapled to the ceiling.
Beret hides the staple gun behind his back and lies about it when Megan returns, because he doesn't want her to confiscate it.
Oddly, Randall has missed the chance to make reference to the engineering truism: "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
- Beret Guy: I found Megan's staple gun!
- [He holds up a staple gun.]
- Cueball: [holding forehead] Oh no.
- Cueball: [outside of the panel] OH GOD WHAT ARE YOU--
- Beret Guy: [kneeling at laptop, stapling DVD to laptop] INSTALLING DEBIAN! KA CHUNK
- Beret Guy: SANDWICHES! ka CHUNK ka CHUNK
- Beret Guy: [running with staple gun] MUST AFFIX EVERYTHING TO EVERYTHING!
- ka CHUNK ka CHUNK ka CHUNK ka CHUNK ka CHUNK ka CHUNK
- [Megan enters holding tote bag]
- Megan: ...Have you been abusing my staple gun?
- Beret Guy: No.
- God: [outside of scene, as voice from above] YES!
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!