478: The Staple Madness
|The Staple Madness|
Title text: Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that 'kaCHUNK' noise.
No apparent literary or scientific references, this is just a comic sketch.
Optimistic Beret Guy can never take life seriously. He loves to play with everything, and nothing is more exciting than a tool that sticks things together with an impressive "kaChunk" sound when he pulls the trigger, even on things that shouldn't be stapled.
The title text refers to duct tape, which, with its combination of tensile and adhesive strength, is commonly regarded as the ultimate do-it-yourself repair tool.
- Beret Guy: I found Megan's staple gun!
- [He holds up a staple gun.]
- Cueball: [holding forehead] Oh no.
- Cueball: [outside of the panel,] OH GOD WHAT ARE YOU-
- Beret Guy: [kneeling at laptop, stapling DVD to laptop.] INSTALLING DEBIAN! KA CHUNK
- Beret Guy: SANDWICHES! ka CHUNK ka CHUNK
- Beret Guy: [running with staple gun.] MUST AFFIX EVERYTHING TO EVERYTHING!
- ka CHUNK ka CHUNK ka CHUNK ka CHUNK ka CHUNK ka CHUNK
- [Megan enters holding tote bag.]
- Megan: ...Have you been abusing my staple gun?
- Beret Guy: No.
- God: [outside of scene, as voice from above.] YES!
- There is an engineering truism which describes a similar scenario: "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
- From just reading the comic, one could think that in the last frame, Cueball has been stapled to the ceiling. According to the offical transcript, it is in fact God who is speaking.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!