486: I am Not a Ninja
|I am Not a Ninja|
Title text: 'The sad thing is that I just wanted to talk about your poor smoke-bomb techniques.'
In any romantic relationship, some of the most horrifying words are "We need to talk." They often signal the beginning of a conversation that the speaker knows will cause the listener to become upset.
In this comic, Cueball is so horrified by hearing those words that he tries the ol' "ninja smoke vanish" technique, only to have it fail miserably when the pellet sets off the smoke detector and he can't get the window open to leave. Megan simply facepalms and leaves.
The title text jokes that Megan simply wanted to talk to Cueball about his poor smoke-bomb techniques.
- [Cueball and Megan are in the same panel.]
- Megan: We need to talk.
- [Pans back to a panel with a window, which Cueball looks back at.]
- [Cueball throws grenade.] POW
- [Grenade fizzles, Cueball and Megan both look down at it.] sssss
- Megan: [puts her hand to her face.] cough
- [Alarm above them starts beeping.]
- [Cueball and Megan look up.]
- BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP--
- [Cueball and Megan look down at the grenade again.]
- [Cueball slowly walks away as the alarm continues to beep.]
- [Cueball opens the window.] Rattle rattle
- [Pans back to the full view, the alarm is still beeping and Cueball looks back at Megan, who is face-palming.]
- [Megan walks away, Cueball looks at window.]