516: Wood Chips
Title text: You didn't run a chemical analysis against the Shroud of Turin? Man, all that work for NOTHING.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: |
Please include the reason why this explanation is incomplete, like this:
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
The title text suggests that he also set up some kind of chemical match with the Shroud of Turin. The Shroud of Turin is a famous artifact containing the ghostly image of a face said by some to have been used as Jesus's burial cloth.
- [Cueball leans on desk; Woman sits behind desk.]
- Cueball: Did you ever figure out those mysterious woodchips?
- Woman: The ones in the hallway? No.
- Cueball: You didn't suspect that they matched the timber used in 1861 to build the "ghost ship" Mary Celeste, prompting you to send them to a lab for analysis, the results of which raised new and stranger questions?
- Woman: No, I threw them out. Why?
- My hoaxes need to get a lot less subtle.