Title text: Good thing he didn't make it smaller, or it'd need someone three inches tall to play it.
|This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect. If you see a way to improve it, edit it! Thanks.|
The joke here is the reverse of an old joke that appeared in rec.humor.funny. In the original, the story-teller has a diminutive pianist, and reports that he made a wish with a hard-of-hearing genie and got a twelve inch pianist. In this version, the man wished for the twelve inch pianist to hard-of-hearing genie, and the girl realized what he got instead.
- [Man is holding a box with an open lid. A miniature piano is inside. The girl is looking at it]
- Man: My hobby is making miniatures. Check this out— it's a fully-functional grand piano.
- Woman: Woah — beautiful.
- [Man looks at the miniature piano]
- Man: Sadly, I've never heard what proper music sounds like on it—the keys are too small to play.
- [Man closes lid to the piano.]
- Man: I once asked a genie for someone who could play it for me, but I think he misheard.
- Girl: ... are you doing anything later?