Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
The comic shows an elaborate, albeit useless, plan.
A duck and her ducklings walk somewhere. Cueball scares the mother duck, so she starts running away, her children following her in a line. Then Megan snatches the mother duck, leaving the ducklings confused and walking around in a loop. Hence the caption at the end - "Operation: Duckling Loop."
The title text refers to a meme called "Duckrolled", where one would post a link to a picture of a duck on wheels. It became much more famous in its later incarnation as the Rickroll.
- [A mother duck and her ducklings.]
- Megan: Ready?
- Cueball: Ready.
- [The duck and ducklings move.]
- Cueball: ROAR! BOO!
- [The mother duck is frightened, and turns back. Her children follow.]
- [Megan snatches the duck with a yoink.]
- Duck: QUACK!
- [The ducklings are now trapped in a circle of sorts.]
- OPERATION: DUCKLING LOOP
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!
My idea is more of creating an endless loop. A duckling will alway follow either its mother or another duckling. By scaring the mother she turns around and you create the first part of the loop. If you take away the mother in the right moment, the first duckling will see the last duckling and follow it. So the loop is closed. After seeing this comic I realy would like to test it in reality. But I think the sound of the mother will ruin everthing (shout out warnings).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant_mill 22.214.171.124 15:49, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
Why is it useless?126.96.36.199 16:08, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- tell us a practical use for this plan, then Just some random derp 02:31, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
- Maybe it could be used to generate electricity? 188.8.131.52 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)