568: Well 2
Title text: But I've made $13.72 already today! Ow, stop throwing pennies.
The average person's lifespan is 80 years now. So, while immortality may become a reality within the coming century, Ponytail won't live long enough to achieve it.
Cueball is looking for a programming language that will simply execute the way he wants it to without having to explain what he means. This is a problem with computers, they are very precise, they will do exactly what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do.
The title text suggests he might just be down there for the money everyone is throwing away.
All comics in the Well series:
- 561: Well
- 568: Well 2
- [People are lined up by a well. A sign says "The Uncomfortable Truths Well." Ponytail drops in a coin.]
- Well: Science may discover immortality, but it won't happen in the next eighty years.
- [Cueball drops in a coin.]
- Well: You'll never find a programming language that frees you from the burden of clarifying your ideas.
- Cueball: But I know what I mean!
- [Megan drops in a coin.]
- Well: You avoid your friend Mike because you're uncomfortably attracted to him.
- Megan: Nice try, Mike. Get out of the well.
- Well (Mike, inside the well): Aww.